For some reason, my ItchIO app doesn't see any installation download in here and I will have to use a browser to DL.
Code of The Savage RPG
A downloadable game
(Note - the above download is a demo and not the full game)
Code of the Savage is a tale of vengeance and survival. After escaping a slave ship, you have found yourself in chains and washed ashore on the island Kingdom of Daneth. You must find your way in a brutal and unforgiving world where nothing is black and white.
Deep and disturbing quandaries underpin the driving force of the game.
Code of the Savage is a no-holds-barred classic western style RPG. Inspired by the greats from the 80-90’s with a modern flair. There is a strong emphasis on player freedom through social and moral interactions… Will you choose to firebomb the brothel, the church… Or both? Will you do it for money, glory or just because?
I think a problem with many of today's RPGs is that they expect you to know and care about their lore and backstory before you even take your first steps. In Code of the Savage, you and the main character are totally new to Daneth. So I don't want you to know the lore and backstory straight away. I want you to discover these things on your own terms as you play the game and interact with its inhabitants.
I wanted to create a role playing game that brought me back to my gamer days as a child on the C64 and MS-DOS PC. There is just something lacking in today's RPG's that I miss. Tired of micro-transactions, and randomly generated worlds; I am creating a world that is handcrafted with purpose. Essentially, I am creating the game that I want to play.
I believe one of the most important aspects of an RPG is the characters you meet in the game. I have therefore placed a great emphasis on NPC interaction. Each NPC in Code of The Savage has their own story, their own character portrait, and a daily schedule. They will, go about their daily lives, going to work, eating and sleeping.
Level up your character and adventure forth to discover the treasures, history, and people of Daneth.
- Open world - A large open, seamless, non-linear, hand-crafted world for you to explore. Including day and night cycles, and weather.
- Exploration - Discover towns, cities, hidden caves and dungeons. Unravel the rich lore of Daneth.
- NPCs with depth - Meet a rich cast of NPCs with a dynamic branching conversation system. NPCs remember your name and react differently depending on the situation.
- Dark themes - I don't hold back on what some may consider offensive content. If you're easily offended, Code of The Savage is probably not for you... This is not a "slay the dragon" and "save the princess" RPG.
- Player freedom - There are various ways to progress through the game, with no right or wrong answers. Morality in Code of The Savage is not black and white. You decide what's right, and you decide what's wrong.
- Adventure - Battle giants, undead and other creatures, hunt to gather resources, or go on a murderous rampage, the choice is yours.
- Combat - Fast-paced dynamic combat system which is real time with pause. Combat encounters happen in real time, without loading to a separate combat screen.
- Inventory - An intuitive and easy to use inventory system. Any equipment and armour the player is wearing shows on their avatar.
- Controls - Smooth grid-based movement. Easy and intuitive mouse and keyboard controls.
- Roleplay- A familiar old school RPG game mechanic. Cast spells, hack, slash, level up, upgrade gear and kick ass!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hmm the game is PC only, I haven't used the app before.
No. I was talking about the desktop app I used to DL and install ItchIO games. Not android ones. I don't think ItchIO launched mobile app version. I also use it to update the games I have installed. Think of it like Steam or GOG Galaxy.
Edit: I have actually seen some games like this too, although going back to get update to download the update again is... well tedious for me as I got used to the convenience of the desktop app.
This is already brimming with charm! I've added it to my steam wishlist and am excited to see where you take it :)
lovely CRPG (please make the shopkeeper un-killable in demo)
This game looks amazing, fasffy sent me btw.
By the way, can we know what engine was used for this
The art style looks amazing! That said, a gore slider/toggle would still make an excellent addition.
This is interesting. hopefully new updates would make this more polished.
Wow! Talk about memories of Ultima 7 flooding in when I tried this. Double clicking on everything made me feel my RSI (I'm old and damaged), but certainly super interested in seeing how this progresses.
That looks frigging dope, is there any way to buy the full game?